Stella Searston of MTS and Greg Gosson from Wood will be presenting a two-day shortcourse at the annual SME conference in Phoenix, AZ. The course will run from Saturday to Sunday, February 22–23, 2020.
The course is entitled: “A Comparison of the New SEC Regulation S-K 1300 on Modernization of Property Disclosures for Mining Registrants to Canadian National Instrument 43-101”.
- The regulatory scene in the US and Canada;
- The multi-jurisdictional disclosure system;
- Background to the introduction of S-K 1300;
- Timeline for compliance with S-K 1300;
- Summary comparison of IG 7 to S-K 1300 to NI 43-101;
- Definition of key terms within S-K 1300;
- Qualified Person concept;
- Disclosure and estimation of:
- Exploration results;
- Exploration targets;
- Mineral resources;
- Mineral reserves;
- Mining studies:
- Content requirements and purpose of studies;
- Initial assessment;
- Pre-feasibility study;
- Feasibility study.
- Requirements and content needed for:
- Summary property disclosure;
- Individual property disclosure;
- Internal controls;
- Triggers for filing of Technical Report Summary under S-K 1300 vs NI 43-101 Technical Report in Canada;
- Discussion on different types of Technical Report Summaries required, depending on property stage;
- Technical Report Summary content versus NI 43-101 Technical Report content.
Registration details can be found on the SME website (Two-day Courses tab).